Monday, September 24, 2007

Sicka Sickabee



Wella,
it was a long trip to get there and a long trip back.
First leg I had the opportunity to spend 7 hours enjoying what the Cincinnati airport had to offer. Then NWA/Delta lost my suitcase. It was delivered the next day only to find that someone had tossed it. Snooped to the extent of removing the bubble wrap so carefully placed around two bottles of wine. All of the contents had been gone through. The only thing that went missing was a sample package of Prvovigil I brought along to thwart a serious case of jet lag. I wanted nothing to get in the way of my visit with my sister.
My visit was so short, time flew we visited much but not enough. I feel a sense of urgency to make sure she knows how important she is....I want desperately for her to know that I am so sorry for being such a stink, brat and a totally crappy sister. I wish I could go back and be there when she needed someone..and no one was there. I want so much to not have been the Gatekeeper of the secret that haunts us to this day. She comforts me and tells me it was not my fault but I am bent with the weight of the guilt.
The trip home was hard...I did not want to leave. I wanted to stay and help her get her yard back into shape, secret some boxes and junk out of the garage and help her organize a place for her to go to do her beloved art.
I see Hattiegrace has made a visit and hope that her wishes and mine come true!!
My luggage was searched on the trip back but this time things were not a mess and the TSA left this nice little card. Am I the only one that feels violated by these searches? I really couldn't wait to wash all my clothing especially my undies.....yeeechh!
Work was a pressure cooker when I got there..(maybe it was just me, I only had two hours of sleep). By Friday morning my throat was itchy and I was wheezing so bad it reminded me of the of all the cartoon characters of long past that used to cough and wheeze after inhaling a big old stogie. My weekend off was spent gulping Advil and trying to breathe.
This road traveled was bittersweet. I missed my little guy so much. My sister just laughed at me when I was going on a bit too much about how cute he is. I miss D so much.

I am trying to figure out the lesson I am supposed to learn..about why we are on opposite ends of the country.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so s ya have a place 2 go visit is tha reason u dun live close by

Gardenia said...

Love it to see you bloggin!

ah sisty - no guilt belongs to babies. We fought like all siblings fight. It is funny now.

so, they did take something! Reporting it will do no good either.

Yes, I felt violated after the hassle at the P. airport one time - it was scary, I didn't cry in front of them, but saved it for a shaking, crying session when the plane was changed and they said we'd have to go around, change tickets and go back through.

And I feel the same about rifling our suitcases to that extreme - with the same gloves on that they have used to check hundreds of other people's underwear. Ooops, I gagging.

Anyway after getting on the website for TSA I realized I was lucky to not be in jail or on a no-fly list. They can call your Kleenex a weapon (anything they want) then do anything they want to you. I called for someone to call the police for assistance since I was virtually held prisoner - no police called at all. Anyway, they probably thought you sneak to cargo, pulla hout wine bottle and snock some pilot on haid, annuh sit in cockpit, drive plane, and drink wine. Ya think?

Since we are short, slight, swarthy, dark skinned, and definitely Iraqi, I can see why we were so hassled.

I'm still drinking wine, and, in fact, in some very elegant wine glasses, which I intend to paint. I have a new favorite wine - from Australia - yum.

Well, get well - no you didn't talk to much 'bout A. I just do an "I told ya so" chuckle. Hearing him on the phone the other night made me laugh. You gotta character boy. Nuttin' like grandbabes.

FOUR DINNERS said...

No regrets. Gardenia loves yer. End of.

Last time I flew (LHR to Glasgow on union stuff) I 'beeped' as I walked through security. I went to this very attractive petit blond lady security guard and said "Search me all over! Please!"

Sadly she didn't....

Gardenia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gardenia said...

Hope you betta and betta. They gits it here. Boy had it a week, now J down for a few days, "C" been in bed two days now (what new?) and my eyeballs feel like they been fire roasted. Hedgeache, nausea. But no sniffle sniff. Roses bloomin'. Except for pruned climber. :) Buttuh garden beautiful...tank you again.

Gardenia said...

check my blogga be - for that 40's material covering dining room chair -

Heidi Grether said...

Hey Sista! I know that feeling. Got one in Texas and one in Tennessee. Wish we weren't so far, too.

4D right. She adores you. We all did the best we knew at the time. Just that time changes our perspectives.

You're a wonderful sister.

Gardenia said...

Ok, hope you feel better and feel like posting up another post this weekend. Going to Christian's game tonight - come back in morning and stop at vegetable market. I now have the virus - ugh! (I think you caught it here!) I see why "C" went to bed - I want to! But action calls.

Maine Coon say he need you - hand feed some more chicken. Found out he doesn't like Cajun seasoned chicken though.

Peach rose blooming (4 blooms) - pruned climber has 5 ready to bloom, and red/pink one has two in action! Again, thank you. "J" bought a new mat - it's an alligator - very beachy looking - cute. Front looks so nice.