Friday, September 28, 2007

Woke up This Morning with a Blue Moon in My Eye

Woke yesterday to the first big fog of the fall. Today the first big rain. No, it really doesn't rain every day in Seattle.



I was with a friend in Iowa heading for a fun night in Des Moines. Fog rolled in, worst fog I have ever been in. I am not talking about the friend either. He drove this little MG. Really little. Door on the passenger side was held shut with baling wire. The heating system was mostly our breath. We were laughing so hard that it kept the MG almost toasty. We travelled quite a distance before I, being the appointed lookout could see past the end of the car and ... oh oh we were heading up the wrong way on the interstate highway!!!!



He thought it was hilarious...

I think we u-turned and went back to the farm and made chili

This stirs up another memory.. my sister and a muddy road

5 comments:

FOUR DINNERS said...

I went 6 miles the wrong way up a road once. Still I was in France where they drive on the wrong side. Dumb or wha...er...oh yeah...you guys do n all...

Ah! But your mate drove on the right side and you guided him therefore you are now both honorary Brits.

Gardenia said...

Hey, onery Brit! Ya, alluh sudden this memory of mud road come back - oh my didn't we have crazy fun? I members the mud, but not how we got out or what crazy story we must have told.

Enjoy the mysterious fog when it comes. Buy some mad Russian nail polish - wasn't there something about a pig farm as well? ? ? ? ? Good thing we didn't know Dinners back then, oh my gosh, what trouble we could've cooked up!

FOUR DINNERS said...

pig farm?

mmmmmmmmmmm....bacon butties

Vicki said...

I do not remember how we contacted anyone..I lost my shoes in the mud walking but I don't remember where we were walking to... And the tractor got stuck trying to pull the car out..and we plugged S's bathtub up with mud from our feet...we didn't have cell phones back then. Wha'the heck did we do...

As I do remember our butties WERE going to be bacon if we didn't get the car out of the mud. That was the most scary crazy fun,
I learned to love my sistahby fo sho. Sheba shars allaby harto golda wida sisalil.
Can ya figger that'n Dinners?

Gardenia said...

Hmmm, looking back seems like Sislebe also shared her knack for the outrageous when it came to fun. Member talking about getting drunk on rotgut and rolling down the hill at that house, then getting home, I sneak in back of house, you go in front, mudder slap you up one side and down the other? Yassuh, you members, I know. Dat mudder hab insane temper, uh hummmm.