Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Money Flies, Sad Mama


Just a sad warning. To all of us who go by the assumption that most people are like yourself/myself, honest.
My son stopped by the gas station tonight to fill his truck, he was on his way to pick me up, yay! I was finally going to get some needed repairs done to my car. She's ailin' just a bit and has a hundred thousand miles to prove it. Back to story, son's debit card declined. Whaa? says he. I just got paid. No worries, right? Nope, his checking and savings account wiped out. Negative $89.00. Never lost or shared debit card, has only written two checks in his life. His account is with a credit union. He also has a credit card with a small limit, issued by the credit union. It is over limit by $100.00. Two conversations with non English speaking people have him at his naive wits end. Sad story for an adult, worse for a 19 year old.
Yes Sister..you never get done being a mom. Gave him money for gas so he could get home..gotta figure what to do next.
Car repairs will have to wait till uh...mmm not too long I hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

humans pretty much suck....a lot

Gardenia said...

Call the police. Report it, and get COPY of the report. THEN, take the report to the bank IN PERSON and explain. (Ya, I know your employers expect you to be at work!) They (the bank) should help you, because this is definitely fraud. Also get a copy of the papers they fill out when you report the fraud.

You may need copy of police report and fraud report to bank in future to prove you didn't do this. Take this advice from me as I worked in a collection agency while I went through school! They USUALLY don't try to collect frauds - if they do, report them to attorney general.

Remember when our checks were stolen when "H" was in the hospital? What a nightmare. This will take perseverance to straighten out. Unfortunately that won't feed you or take away the bruises. Also this may be a problem, as grocery stores, etc., may have his driver's license posted as a bad check writer. Check on that.

Not only is this a terrible hardship, it is an emotional rape, I'm so very sorry.

My guess is that it is an internet scam, theft, rather than a person right there where you are.

I'm soooo sorry, you've had enough in the last three-four years to put you guys over the top! The top of what I don't know.

Gardenia said...

Dahrt Road, I been checking in. Hope your weekend is good - I wanted to squeeze the world in min, hit didn't work and today I'm crippled up to boot. Got so much today, yet a few years back, I coulda whipped it out in a day. Storage unit is in kitchen and back of car. Need to get it to garage to pack because if I don't I can't get the garage door opened until "H" next day off. He went to store and got what he thought we should eat for a couple days. Oh, my teeth wants fresh greens, I am going to sneak out to Greek Resaturant and bring me & Sage back some greens.

Gardenia said...

Dirt Road bluuuuuuuuuuuuuues........got em in the bottom of my workin' shooooooooeeeeeeesssss!