Monday, October 15, 2007

Mueller Hinton










Mueller and Hinton were the smart fellas that stirred up the broth and poured it into a plate ( or a tube) in 1941. I thought there was only one kind of media for growing bacterias. I was way wrong. I started working in a microbiology lab in a Veterinary Diagnostic lab about two years ago. Each kind of bacteria likes different kinds of media. "Chocolate" looks just like chocolate, and the blood is actually cooked. Anyway it was a fun and fulfilling kind of work. Love those animals..we worked with Zoo's, too. Lots of exotic animals, birds and reptiles of every shape and form.
I am going to miss it..the micro people were a good lot..but I am going to try to get a little more creative..aspiring to be more like my sister and of course spend more time with my little fella.
Ta!


2 comments:

Gardenia said...

Will sisty might be creative, but she allah time dirt po'. Spenda lotta time with boy. I guess that's what we'll remember, huh? The hardest thing to break off is the Starbucks - but hey, now we gotta our Tassimos!

FOUR DINNERS said...

Caz is a microbiologist. Maybe that's why she married me? I've been told I'm like a human virus - spread everywhere!